THE LYL DIFFERENCE...
Perhaps you are new to lashes and just researching your options, or maybe you're a lash connoisseur looking for a new salon. You might have unruly curly lashes, downward pointing, straight lashes or maybe you are experimenting with lash solutions to combat the inevitable thinning past 40. Whatever the case may be, we know you want the most experienced artist, the softest, lightest materials that are comfortable to wear, weightless on your natural lashes, long lasting and full, but not fake-looking. Last but not least, you want a service that won't damage your natural lashes. We have you covered.
What to Expect...
We model our process after a medical office. We keep a file on every one of our clients, we track your visits, materials used, lash sizes etc. We keep you with the same artist and foster a good client/artist relationship as though you are our patient, and we are your lash doctor. We are strict with hygiene and expect our clients to be the same. Our regular clients trust us and as a result return over and over again. If you've had a bad experience elsewhere, let us help you with the next steps.
I'm sure you've heard the saying.."You Get What You Pay For". At LYL we use only the Highest Quality Products. There are levels of quality readily available in the marketplace. Salons have a definite decision to make: invest in the best or, select a quality that's just good enough (which is what many choose). In fact, its not uncommon to see a discounted service(Group on) or lower price salon and see all the upgrades to different materials. We decided to separate ourselves from that and offer the highest quality right out of the gate. We standardize on a synthetic lash that is often times the "upgrade" option at other establishments. Included in our pricing is the extraordinary faux mink lashes. We opt to use adhesive made in the USA in an FDA approved lab. Even our eye pads contain a a special gel for people with latex sensitivities or our own custom barrier so your eyes stay comfortable during and after your visit. Come see (and feel the difference).
What should I do prior to my visit?
Please come with all eye make up completely removed at least two hours previous to your scheduled appointment time. It is extremely important that there is no mascara residue on your lashes, as the wax in mascara prevents the adhesive from bonding correctly, resulting in early lash loss. Do not curl or perm your lashes prior to attending. Please see FAQ tab for more information.
Are children allowed? With due respect, our studio has a spa-like ambiance so our policy is no children allowed in the studio unless they have a scheduled service. We want your visit to be relaxing and enjoyable.
- Come to each appointment on time with clean eyes free of makeup and oils and freshly washed hair.
- Groom your lashes as needed with a clean mascara wand, preferably when wet.
- Airbrush tanning should be done 24 hrs prior to your lash extensions appointment.
- Let skin care service providers know about your Eyelash Extensions
- Use powdered or liquid eyeliner. We have Pen eyeliner specifically made for lash extensions. Regular liner pencils contain oil that will break the bond on the adhesive and you will lose lashes quickly.
- If you have excessive oily skin, we suggest rice paper for blotting.
- Book your eyelash refill at 2-3 week intervals in order to maintain your optimum eyelash effect.
- Maintain the health of your lashes by cleansing the lash area daily with lash cleanser.
- Don't rub or pull on extensions as you will lose your natural lashes.
- Don't use oil based products around the eyelashes.
- Don't use waterproof mascara,cleansers,make up removers or moisturizers that contain oil or solvents on your eyes
- Don't tan in a tanning bed during the first 48 hrs after application
- Don't use manual eyelash curler
- Don't excessively touch your lashes – the oils from your fingers can break down the glue
- Don't worry when you lose an extension. This is part of the natural shedding process of your natural lashes and you will have a new lash growing in right behind the old one that will be ready to fill in when you come in for your next touch up appointment!